Double Chocolate Pudding
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups full cream milk
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, plus shavings
1. Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in milk, taking care to dissolve cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks.
2. Whisking constantly, heat over medium until the first large bubble sputters, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Add butter, vanilla, and chocolate; stir until smooth.
3. Place plastic wrap on surface of pudding (to prevent a skin from forming); chill at least 3 hours (or up to 3 days). To serve, whisk until smooth; divide among serving cups, and garnish with shavings.
8 ounces (1 cup) semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 popsicle sticks or wooden skewers (takde pun takpe)
2 bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into thirds
1/3 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
1. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of gently simmering water. Stir just until melted.
2. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Insert a popsicle stick in one end of each banana piece. Dip banana, one piece at a time, in chocolate, spooning on additional chocolate to cover.
3. Sprinkle each banana with peanuts, and set on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, 20 minutes, or up to 3 days.